If you’re receiving unemployment benefits in California, you may have questions about how to access your money.
One common question is whether you can transfer money from an EDD card to a bank account. The answer is yes, you can.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to do it.
What is an EDD Card?
An EDD card is a debit card that is issued by the Employment Development Department of California. It allows people who are receiving unemployment benefits to access their money without having to wait for a paper check.
How Do I Transfer Money From My EDD Card to My Bank Account?
There are two ways to transfer money from your EDD card to your bank account: through direct deposit or by performing an EDD card cash advance.
The easiest way to transfer money from your EDD card to your bank account is through direct deposit. To set up direct deposit, you will need to provide your banking information, including your routing number and account number, to the EDD.
Transferring money from your EDD card to your bank account is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps.
- First, you’ll need to log in to your account using your username, password, and CVV number.
- Then, you’ll need to open the sandwich menu on your mobile phone and tap on “Transfers“, or on your computer, open the “My Money” menu and click on “Transfers“.
- Next, you’ll need to choose a one-time or recurring transfer. After that, you’ll need to choose your account type (Checking or Savings).
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll need to enter the account number and routing number.
- After that, you’ll need to enter the passcode that was sent to you. Lastly, you’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions and tap on “Continue” to finish the transfer.
Once you have done this, your unemployment benefits will be deposited directly into your bank account on a biweekly basis.
If you need access to your unemployment benefits before your next direct deposit is scheduled, you can perform an EDD card cash advance at any ATM that accepts Visa cards.
Keep in mind that there will be a fee for performing this type of transaction. You can find more information about fees on the debit card page of the EDD website.
Is an EDD Card Safe?
Yes, the EDD card is safe to use. Your personal information is confidential and will not be shared with anyone. Additionally, your EDD card is equipped with fraud protection features that will help to keep your money safe.
If you have any questions about how to use your EDD card or how to transfer money from your EDD card to your bank account, you can contact the EDD at 1-800-300-5616.
Receiving unemployment benefits in California? If so, then you may be wondering how to access your money. One popular question is whether you can transfer money from an EDD card to a bank account.
The good news is that yes, you can! Direct deposit is the easiest way to do it, but you can also perform an EDD card cash advance at any ATM that accepts Visa cards. Just keep in mind that there may be a fee for doing so.