Do you have a Green Dot account and want to know how to transfer money from Greendot to Chime? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Can You Transfer Money from Green Dot to Chime?
Yes, first, you have to link your bank accounts together. If you add your Green Dot account as an external funding source to your Chime Account, you will be able to easily transfer money between both platforms.
The benefits of switching from Green Dot to Chime are many. Chime offers a free online banking platform and services, whereas Green Dot charges fees for transactions and monthly maintenance. Additionally, most Green Dot products have a minimum monthly fee of $5, while Chime products are free of monthly charges.
In this section, we have added a detailed step-by-step guide to help you with the money transfer process.
To Transfer Money using Chime:
- Log in to your account via an online browser or the Chime app on your mobile device.
- Click or tap on the “Move Money” option.
- Select “Transfers.“
- When prompted, enter your username and password for your Green Dot account. This log-in is safe and secure as Greendot and Chime are partners.
- Once you’re logged into your Greendot account, your account will be linked to Chime’s online platform. This link means that your funds from Green Dot will be accessible via your Chime debit card.
Technically, Chime is a portion of the Green Dot network of banking services. You can link your Green Dot and Chime accounts to get all access to your funds via Chime.
After you’ve spent the money from your Green Dot account, you may want to close the account with Green Dot to save on service fees.
Method to Transfer Money from Greendot to Chime:
In this section, we have explained how you can transfer money to someone by using your Green Dot account. So, if you were wondering about how to do so then keep on reading the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- First of all, log in to Greendot, and after that click on Pay Bills and People.
- From there select Pay People and then click on the Send Money button.
- Now, enter the necessary details regarding your recipient, for example, their name, mobile number, and email address.
- At last enter the amount that you wish you transfer and follow the on-screen instructions to initiate a fund transfer.
How Long Does it Take to Transfer Money From Green Dot to Chime?
It takes around five business days for funds to appear in your account from Green Dot to Chime. However, this may vary depending on your bank’s policies.
Can I transfer money from a prepaid card to Chime?
You can’t transfer money from a prepaid card to Chime. You can only make transfers to Chime from a bank account that’s accepted by Chime. Chime only supports a few banks.
In conclusion, all you need to do is log into your Green Dot account, select Chime as your destination account, and enter the amount you want to transfer. Your money will be available in your Chime account within minutes.